Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Spray tanning...? I need a good brand that doesn't turn you orange or smell bad!?

Hey everyone. Well I'm really bad at tanning outside, like all I really get is a sunburn. It kinda runs in my family because I'm mostly Czech and Irish I think and soo yeah, we don't get a good tan very easily. Lol. And besides, I don't want to tan all day outside because I don't want skin cancer! So I want to get a good brand of spray tan in a can that doesn't turn me all orange or smell bad. And isn't too expensive. Please help!! Thanks.Spray tanning...? I need a good brand that doesn't turn you orange or smell bad!?
Self Tanners -L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze Dejah on 6/29/2007 3:47:00 AM





I have tried alot of sunless tanners. I am VERY pale and need alittle color in the summer. L'Oreal Sublime Bronze (tinted) tanning lotion (that's really more like a light gel) works wonderfully. It gives an instant glow that is not too shimmery. The color developes quick and if applied properly does not streak. People always think that I've been to a tanning bed. If that tells you anything about the color. The price is good , but over all I think worth it considering that I get a pretty glow and get rid of my Casper complexion for awhile.





Very good :)


Tip:


Use a loofah sponge before using tanning lotion,it will help exfoliate. :)


Have a gr8 day!Spray tanning...? I need a good brand that doesn't turn you orange or smell bad!?
It probably will turn you orange because you lack the yellow undertone that most people have. They'll all smell a bit rusty because of the dihydroxyacetone, or DHA, in them. It's a carbohydrate, and the process of ';tanning'; is no different than when you cut an apple open and leave it exposed to air. It turns brown, and that's why (the proper term's the Maillard effect.)





These tanners work better on people who are already a light-medium tone or darker anyway. My mother is full Irish, and lacks that yellow undertone. She always turns orange when she uses any self-tanner. As for me, my father was full Native American, so I have a light olive complexion. They work fine for me with no orange appearance.





As for the moron who said it amounts to a chemical burn, that's a load of crap. Read what I said above, and crack a science book for once in your sorry life.
Dove's tanning lotion works good. But if you want to get a spray tan that works AMAZING go to Sephora, they only have one kind, it comes in a bottle that you can refill and that you could also decipher which amount you want, so if u want a natural glow, no prob it works, doesn't make u orange either. Good LUCK!!!
Don't have a direct answer for you. However, you are concerned about cancer from the sun, yet you want to subject yourself to what amounts to a chemical burn. Just a thought!!!!
look if you can do the mistic tan do that 3 times in 2 weeks and that will last about a month at your tanning salon but jergins tanning lotion takes bout a week and it does not turn you orange that is what worked for me you have to apply about 2 times a day
yeah. netragena is good. but all tanningg stuff turns you orange. and one huge tip is DONT GO SPRAY/MYSTIC TANNING. its a disasterrrr
Not sure what Smells good to you, but the Jergens Natural Glow Lotion smells descent and works well. Apply it almost every day perhaps after a shower. You just have to make sure to rub it in good so it doesnt look streaky ( that doesnt usually happen unless you pile it on tho... lol i was desperate for a tan once and just gobbed it on hahah don't do that )


Good Luck Hope it works for you if you try it.
This summer Victoria's Secret has an alliance with Model Co. and they're letting us sell their new Spray Tan line. The first item they have is a Spray Tan that lasts 2-2 1/2 weeks and it has a Tan remover that you can buy to go along with it. You use it in the shower, just like a shower gel, but it's got little scrubbers in it that remove the tan. The second one they have is a bronzer, granted it only lasts a day, it looks very nice and gives off a little bit of shimmer...(NOT glitter...you don't want to look like a 12 year old)*





A foot note on both of these products: they should ALWAYS be shaken up before you use them, and when you spray them, make sure you stand at least a foot away, so that you don't get blotches that look green or orange...yuck!


Both of these products are very nice items to have this summer, and are probably the safest way to go....But above all they both smell great!


Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment