Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it okay to use salon spray tans when pregnant??

I am 17 weeks pregnant and thinkin of gettin a spray tan done at a salon! Just would like to know if anyone has been for a spray tan whilst pregnant! I have been told that i can't use sunbeds and i understand that but have had difference in opinion from friends %26amp; family about spray tans!Is it okay to use salon spray tans when pregnant??
My doctor said it was fine also..I am a hairdresser,and worked at a salon where we did spray tans..there are no chemicals in them that would harm your baby..But just like u had said no tanning beds...good luck!Is it okay to use salon spray tans when pregnant??
No. Not safe for your unborn baby.


The chemicals in the dye seep into your skin and cross the placenta. Not good for the developing baby.
My Doc said No to a spray tan.. like mystic tan b/c theres a chance you could inhale the fumes and ';they'; have no idea what that would do to the baby.. but she said it's ok to use a tan in a bottle.


I would ask just to be sure.


(in some states tanning salons wont even let a pregnant use a bed or a spray booth)
My doctor said it was perfectly fine to spray tan after the first trimester. I would check with your doctor just to be safe. Some doctors have different opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment